First Baptist Church
Charlotte, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 04/02/2019
Denomination: Independent Baptist
Church Size: 250-300
Passionately connecting people to Jesus Christ
First Baptist Church of Charlotte, Michigan is seeking a worship lead to create a worship environment that connects people to the presence of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God through worship, music, and prayer.
The Worship Director is accountable to the Lead Pastor and will receive periodic performance reviews. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Lead Pastor and Board.
- Support with the mission of this local church and committed to active and personal participation of its ministries.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through ongoing spiritual disciplines of bible study, prayer, personal worship, and authentic fellowship.
- Fully engage with the Lead Pastor and pastoral staff, including periodic 1-1 and full staff meetings organized by the Lead Pastor.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, having participated in an effective and growing music ministry (3 or more years desired).
- Bachelor's degree in music worship ministry would be a real plus!
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, and current A/V technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership organizing volunteers.
- Skilled vocal, instrumental, and band direction.
- Read music and some formal music education.
- An inviting and engaging stage presence.
- Competent contemporary vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Provide leadership in the preparation of Sunday services.
- Serve as the worship lead for Sunday services.
- Work closely with pastoral team to create an excellent worship experience, including participating in sermon/teaching series planning.
- Tie together sermon with music selections and coordinate the order of service.
- Lead both contemporary and traditional service.
- Recruit, screen, audition, and train worship volunteers.
- Provide worship teams with training through other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Provide pastoral care and shepherding to the teams and people involved with the worship team.
- Schedule and prepare vocalists and instrumentalists for worship services.
- Schedule and prepare technology crew for each service.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of all equipment and supplies related to our worship experience (instruments, A/V).
- Create annual music ministry budget and present to Lead Pastor.
- Maintain subscriptions including CCLI and VCLI authorizing legal use of published materials.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, high school, and clubs.
- Be flexible and willing to participate in prayers, announcements, offerings and other transitional elements during worship services.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were achieved or modified during the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Candidates should submit a single-page cover letter along with a resume.
Resumes sent to the church office will be disqualified.